Monday, February 16, 2009

Links and Rants

It's that time of year again.

If you're upset that you won't be seeing Ichiro pitch, this might give you something to root for. Well, except for the part where Boyd compares himself to Satchel Paige.

On a similar note, while I'm sick of the A-Rod saga, I can only name one player that I really hope was clean throughout his career: Julio Franco. I don't begrudge any player for juicing when it was clearly in his best interests to do so, but the Franco story--a dozen raw eggs a day, some lean meat, and a strict workout regimen keeps him in the majors through age 48--still appeals to me.

After reading this and watching The Daily Show coverage of Obama's Florida visit, I can't help but wonder: does everyone in the USA really think Barack is their savior? If the expectations for him are this high, what does he need to accomplish as president to avoid being labeled a failure?

No comments: